Friday 27 March 2015

New repertoire

It is a time for a change of repertoire. Recently I received an offer to become pianist on cruise ship. Cruise starts in June, so I've a little time to get ready with everything. I've to learn many new pieces, but I don't need to memorize them - I don't want to talk about them here, these pieces are just known classical, jazz or even from musicals.

But I don't want to abandon advanced piano repertoire. I'll have limited space for scores, so I decided I'll choose one piece which I'll learn during my cruise. I needed a piece with a lot of changes of mood, because I don't want to get bored. And it should be technically challanging and not possible to polish in four months with extensive practice (to compare on Sonata by Schumann I was working for about three months, I was practicing it about hour or two per day). So I decided to take Sonata B minor by Liszt. It's too hard for me I think, but I'll learn a lot. Also I'll take Etudes by Chopin and that's it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave some feedback!