Saturday 14 March 2015

Schumann - Sonata g minor op. 22

Here are recordings of this sonata. It was pretty hard journey for me. I know that I don't want to play Schumann in the future ;). The score is misleading, some spots seem to be repetitive. But getting it all together is something which is main problem in this work.

First movement - it could be more accurate, also I could fix the balance between left and right hand. It's quite hard to show all the voices and not blur them with accompaniament.



Second movement - I don't like my rubato, I could play more freely. Descending from the climax is not good.

Third movement - it looks like I don't have idea how to interpret this one. There is too much "sameness".


Fourth movement - this one was the hardest one for me. The tempo was killing me, still I had issues with slowing down. The notes are pretty easy, but putting this all together in this tempo with necessary clarity is very hard in this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave some feedback!