Monday 24 November 2014

Ballade f minor op. 52 by Chopin - the final

The final of Ballade f minor op. 52 by Chopin is very peculiar. There is no obvious melody in it, and I believe that it's the hardest part of this piece to interpret properly. At the beginning there is a storm of notes without any direction. In this cascade of sounds there appear seeds of melody and then there is more and more of it. Is the climax in the passages which are going up?



I think in my playing there is no phrase and too less dynamics. Of course the final is too slow, but I achieved a sufficient tempo to not be ashamed of myself. I should show more melody in it. I can here some manner in the last beats of bars. The ascending passages should have more crescendo - I should start all ascending passages with less dynamics (even piano). The last three chords are not acceptable. I should show more notes in the bass when they matters, it'll give me more color. The thirds should be lighter.

I recommend myself:
  1. Practicing slowly with attitude on melody
  2. Practice thirds with light finger staccato without tension and in rhythms.
  3. Work on dynamics more.
  4. Play the bass notes with melody.
  5. Think of the phrases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave some feedback!