Sunday 30 November 2014

Rachmaninoff - Prelude b minor op. 32 no 10

This month I spontaneously worked on Prelude b minor op. 32 no 10 by Rachmaninoff.

What are the main issues?
  1. Lack of controlling emotions, which caused lacks in control in octaves and "trills" (one of them was in different tempo, I don't know why).
  2. Too little singing in melody, no real phrase, especially in this "stormy" section.
  3. Too little control over dynamics in "stormy" section - I played too much ff in the beginning, so I couldn't show climax. It also caused that the sound was rough.
  4. Not planned dynamics for the section after "stormy" section.
  5. There are some issues with time - I can use it more in climaxes.

I recommend myself practicing slowly with exaggerated dynamics and no emotions.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave some feedback!