Sunday 11 January 2015

Chopin - Ballade f minor op. 52 (4th recording)

I don't know why I'm so nervous, when I'm recording my playing. Today I was focused, but still there were some slips. Usually in spots when I recently changed fingering or something. When camera is on I feel that my fingers are lighter in a wrong way. I just don't feel the bottom of the keyboard. Maybe it's caused by my piano bench - it's too high for my instrument, I can't lower it more. I'll buy new one probably next month.

My stamina is definitely better - my heart wasn't pounding so hard as last time after culminiation in D flat major.

I would say that the section from the beginning to the second theme wasn't so bad. The section at the end, where is the second theme in D flat major also. The worst part was in middle of the piece and I should focus on this part.




So here are my remarks to my recording from today:

Mental issues:
  • fix fingering in bar 154
  • more clean inbars 161-166
  • passages in bar 195 and 197
  • right hand in bar 214
  • right hand in bar 216

Issues:
  • more melody in bars 36-37 in left hand
  • don't accent the C in bar 49, it's an end of a slur
  • fix double notes in bar 54
  • learn the notes in bars 79-99 (hands separetely)
  • fix left hand in bar 106
  • fix the acciaccatura in bar 111
  • fix the descending in bar 119
  • what happend in bars 121-122?
  • learn the notes in 135-144 (hands separetely)!
  • hands together in bar 169-174
  • don't accent the beats so much in bar 173
  • learn right hand in 177-179
  • more top notes in passages in 191-194
  • take off the pedal before Coda in 210 
  • thirty two note should be played with left hand in bar 220
Details:
  • more colors at the beginning - listen to e minor for example (bars 1-7)
  • listen to the directions of left hand more in the first theme (bars 8-57)
  • don't slow down too much in bar 57
  • more clarity in section 58-70
  • work more on accelerando in bars 74-75 and ritenuto in 79
  • don't play to fast in bars 125-128
  • don't slow down too much in 152
  • take time in 184
  • don't rush in 190
  • more stable tempo in Coda (bar 219-224)
  • more tension in left hand chords in bars 231-232



No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave some feedback!