Thursday 1 January 2015

Chopin - Ballade f minor op. 52 (3rd recording)

There are some nice things and some bad things, but I think there is an improvement in the most important things - time. I think now it's the time to focus on being free in this music, more rubato, more imagination. Of course the final and the chords before it was a disaster. But it's not about practice sometimes, I believe that these isuess could be caused by mental things. I felt nervous when I played and I wasn't comfortable at keyboard.

Generally after fixing some issues it'll be a time to build a structure of this piece, be more free and give everything to the music.

There are three spots, where I failed:
  1. after the second theme, when I couldn't remember the melody in right hand and I had to start passage once more
  2. chords before final  - I started the stretto to soon and I couldn't play those chords in this tempo.
  3. dotted notes in final - I just didn't practice right hand alone in the final tempo 

Issues:
  • learn the left hand in section in bars 46-57
  • do a crescendo in bars 58-62 
  • shape a phrase in the second theme (bar 80)
  • fix the whole section in bars 100-107. I don't know what happend there. Especially pay attention on slurs when the passage is going up and the sixths when it's going down.
  • fix the acciaccatura in bar 111
  • shape diminuendo in 118-120
  • fix the acciaccatura in bar 122
  • learn the melody and the second voice in bars 125-128
  • pay attention at slurs in bars 135-151
  • fix the trill in 161
  • fix the passage in bar 163
  • fix the left hand in bar 166
  • in bar 177 there is sf in left hand
  • fix the passages in bars 195, 197
  • fix the chords in bars 198-201
  • fix the right hand in bar 219 - probably I can't play it in tempo, and it's a spot where everyhing started to collapse.
  • fix the right hand in bar 231

Details:
  • sing more the beginning, more legato
  • think more about the direction of repeated notes in the theme
  • more legato in otaves section
  • less noise in 58-62
  • work on the second theme
  • show the left hand in bars 125-128
  • shape dynamics in bars 175-176 
  • some phrasing in bars 181-191 and accents in left hand
  • bar 202 - more time at fermata
  • start the final with more power (there is sf and forte)
  • left hand should be quieter in the sixteens in final
  • the ending passage shouldn't be so etiudish...


Probably I'll practice the whole sections to interpret them alone. The sections with second theme I'll practice together. And I'll count during playing the stretto chords before final.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave some feedback!