Sunday 7 December 2014

Schumann - Sonata g minor op. 22 mvt 1

Today I decided to record for the first time my Schumann Sonata. I play this piece for a month now, so it's memorized and I worked a little on a details. It's the begininng of the real work at this piece.



 Issues:
  1.  Wrong balance between left and right hand. Some of it may be because my mic is situated on the left side of the piano, but definitely it's my fault too. 
  2. There is too much noise in sixteens, not every phrase in middle voices is shown. 
  3. I can't hear the difference between piano and forte. 
  4. I don't play phrases melodically, there are articulation issues in them.
  5. There are too many mistakes. 
  6. My fifth finger in right hand is too loud in the sixteen's section before the start of development.

What is good?
  1. The pulse is almost good, the tempo changes at the end too. 
  2. I've a good clarity and good articulation in sixteens - I would like to have the same articulation, but in piano. 
  3. I think it's the right tempo for me now and I don't see any problems in playing it faster in a month (I want to achieve the Kempf's tempo).


What to do?
  1. Work on phrases more, without sixteens
  2. Practice sixteens in piano - I still don't know how to achieve that. Any ideas?
  3. Work on dynamics in phrases, build a dynamic's structure of the piece.
  4. Play in middle tempo - no fast practicing.
  5.  Fix the fifth finger issue (change of the techniques)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy, leave some feedback!